Sustainability, climate change and natural resource management
GrainGrowers advocates for policies that promote productive and sustainable grain production.
- A grains industry that has a proactive approach to measuring and demonstrating its sustainability credentials, alongside a policy and regulatory approach that promotes productive and sustainable grain production.
Climate Change Policy
Find out more
GrainGrowers climate change policy, endorsed by the National Policy Group, seeks to maintain Australian grains domestic and global competitiveness while reducing emissions and increasing carbon sequestration.
- Progress Grains Sustainability Framework (GSF)
- Ensure the Agricultural Stewardship initiative delivers positive outcomes for growers and aligns to the GSF. Help shape the Carbon & Biodiversity pilot program to include grain farmers and seek payment options for biodiversity.
- Ensure the National Soils Strategy delivers benefit for growers and assists with data provision for reporting against the GSF.
- Continue to develop grower understanding of carbon opportunities and explore opportunities for GrainGrowers to assist in enabling grower participation.