Growers who are keen to be an active voice for their industry through board appointments and Directorships are encouraged to take part in a grains industry-first initiative.
Combining application and selection revision with the development of leadership capability and sound governance capacity a modern Director requires, this program is a unique and exciting professional development opportunity specifically for growers.
Applications are now OPEN!
Applications close: Saturday 13 March 2021
Applicants will be notified via email: Wednesday 31 March 2021
First face to face: 28-29 April 2021
Second face to face: 20 – 21 September 2021
Candidates from all grain growing regions across Australia are encouraged to apply.
GrainGrowers will cover the costs for the portions of the program hosted by GrainGrowers including travel and accommodation expenses. GrainGrowers will also offer a fixed financial assistance payment for participants with dependants while they are at face-to-face meetings (for example, cover the cost of babysitter).
For the Company Directors Course offered as part of the program, GrainGrowers will cover the program costs, minus a $500 participant contribution. Candidates will need to be able to fund their own travel and accommodation costs for the five day Company Directors course in their closest capital city.
- Be an Australian citizen or Australian permanent resident
- Be a current grain farmer
- Be a new or existing director, or actively seeking future board appointments within the grains, agricultural or community sector
The selection panel will consider the following factors in their decision
- Support for the applicant via an endorsement letter
- The applicant’s commitment to the grains industry and agricultural sector
- The applicant’s community/industry involvement and leadership potential
- The expected impact of the program on the applicant and any current or future roles held
- An understanding of the challenges facing the industry and a vision for the industry’s future
- A willingness to work with GrainGrowers in the future on industry issues and projects
- GrainGrowers recognises the importance of diversity in ensuring strong board outcomes, we actively encourage candidates from underrepresented groups to apply for the program.