Entries are now open, with some great prizes on offer, for GrainGrowers’ popular Calendar Photo Competition which highlights top shots of the Australian grain farming industry as taken by grain farmers themselves.
“GrainGrowers produces a calendar every year which showcases the top photos taken by grain farmers across Australia of all aspects of grain farming and the cropping season,” said GrainGrowers CEO David McKeon.
“This year farmers will be able to upload their photo entries directly on to the GrainGrowers’ newly refreshed website and the shots will immediately be on display.
“The grain farming community will be able to jump on the site to vote for their favourite photos.
“For the first time, GrainGrowers is introducing a People’s Choice Award with a prize of $50 for the photographer who has taken the most popular shot, as voted for by people on our website.
“Growers who are entering a top shot from their district should spread the word via social media and get their local community behind them and voting.
“We will also judge a First Place Winner who will receive $1000, while second place receives $500 and third place, $250.”
Mr McKeon said that entries could reflect a wide range of aspects of life as a grain farmer, such as:
- The faces of grain growers and their families and employees out working on farms in Australia – including our next generation of farmers
- The wide variety and diverse colours of the crops grown including wheat, barley, canola, pulses (legumes), sorghum and oats
- Innovation/technology at work on the farm
- All farming operations including seeding, spraying, rolling, harvesting, storing and transporting
- Nature at play on the farm and aspects of our variable weather, including how grain farmers are a caring steward of their environment
- God’s own country – make us all want to live where you do!
Mr McKeon said that the GrainGrowers’ website had been refreshed as part of the organisation’s 60thAnniversary year celebrations to give grain farmers faster and easier access to grains industry news and information on national issues important to their businesses.
To be considered for GrainGrowers’ 2019 Calendar enter today. Entry is free, and you can post four of your best shots.
Visit the website before the deadline of 1 November.
P 0408 014 843