A cattle producer from Queensland and her teenage son, both keen to learn the latest about digital agriculture, are among the registrants at this year’s Innovation Generation, the Australian grains industry’s national conference for younger growers, other farmers and industry participants (under 35).
Farmers from as far away as Christchurch New Zealand and Mingenew, Western Australia have already signed up to attend this year’s event to be held from 3-5 July at the Adelaide Convention Centre.
And with just four days to go until registrations officially close (next Monday 19 June), organisers are urging farmers who want to participate to book as soon as possible via the GrainGrowers’ website: www.innovationgeneration.com.au.
The theme of this year’s conference is “Telling the ag story in a digital age” and the program features a host of speakers who will engage participants in some lively discussions.
Sam Trethewey, General Manager of SproutX, Australia’s first ag tech accelerator program, will be Master of Ceremonies while keynote speakers will include Fiona Simson, President of the National Farmers’ Federation.
Other speakers include:
- Well known TV and Radio Commentator, Adam Spencer who will kick off the proceedings
- Agribusiness graduate, Aimee Snowden, who uses unique photos of a Lego© farmer to spread the good news about agriculture
- Heidi Wright, from Wright Social, McLaren Vale, South Australia who will talk about how to become your own live video broadcaster – and the benefits to your farm business in doing so
- Peter Cain, from Dad’s Oats, at Natte Yallock, Victoria – who will talk about how to use crowd funding successfully to further your business
- Darrin Lee, BlighLee Farms – who will talk about how to get around the problem of connectivity by building your own on-farm private internet network
- Ian Ware APA Sound, who will share tips and tricks on improving reliable internet reception.
- Ben White & Josh Giumelli, Kondinin Group – who will discuss the latest innovations in farm machinery and equipment and how the products compare.
The full program is available by visiting the website: http://www.innovationgeneration.com.au/program/
“IG is now in its 11th year and has always proved to be a great way for young grain growers, other farmers and industry professionals to get together and discuss the big issues in agriculture,” said Conference Organiser, Dr Michael Southan.
Our thanks to sponsors:
- Diamond Sponsor – GRDC
- Silver Sponsor – John Deere
- Bronze Sponsors – RuralBiz Training, Perten Instruments, Agsafe, NBN and Mercer
- Bronze/Wifi Sponsors – Bayer/Future Farmers Network
- Media Partner – Fairfax Agricultural Media
- Charging Station Sponsor – Vodafone
- Website Partner – Australian Farmers
- Lanyard – Glencore Agriculture/Viterra
- Speaker Sponsor – AEGIC.
P 0408 014 843