This policy applies to Grain Growers Limited (referred to as GrainGrowers). GrainGrowers is committed to complying with the National Privacy Principles set out in the Privacy Act 1988 (Commonwealth).
Grain Growers Limited takes the issue of privacy seriously.
GrainGrowers makes all reasonable efforts to ensure that the information held is protected against misuse, loss or unauthorised access, modification or disclosure.
What information does GrainGrowers collect from you?
Members or potential members provide personal information when they: enquire about joining GrainGrowers; apply for membership; change their personal details; or contact GrainGrowers to renew their membership. Information provided can include and is not limited to:
- first name, middle name and surname
- salutation and/or gender
- date of birth
- trading or company name
- contact details including phone, fax, residential, postal and email addresses
- Commodity types produced and the size of production.
- Information provided by members and non-members to GrainGrowers through public forums, seminars, workshops, meetings, trade events and field days, surveys, marketing campaigns and through the website.
- Information provided by members participating in any events, special offers, and business or third party services.
How does Grain Growers Limited use and disclose your information?
GrainGrowers collects and stores personal information for the following purposes:
- To allow GrainGrowers to access membership applications;
- To organise and conduct GrainGrowers business, functions, events and seminars and to otherwise effectively manage the membership of GrainGrowers;
- To allow GrainGrowers to evaluate and manage inquiries regarding services within organisation;
- To allow GrainGrowers to comply with its constitutional requirements, including and not limited to issuing notices of general meetings, membership renewal notifications and voting right notifications;
- To allow GrainGrowers to inform non-members about the activities and services offered by the organisation for the purpose of membership recruitment;
- To allow GrainGrowers to keep members informed about the activities of the organisation, including and not limited to: Research & Development; industry policy and issues that may be disseminated via the website, email, and fax or via electronic or hard copy letters or publications such as information booklets and the organisation’s newsletter. GrainGrowers may also provide details about upcoming events and special offers, business services and any third party services available to the membership base, as deemed relevant by management.
How might Grain Growers Limited house information collected about you?
- In the GrainGrowers contact directory for use by elected representatives and staff.
- On the GrainGrowers website for use related to the primary purpose of collection of the information.
- Between entities of the organisation.
- As is required by law.
Changing or reviewing the information held by GrainGrowers
Members are able to access their personal information held by GrainGrowers. To access this information, members must apply in writing and be aware that GrainGrowers will take the minimum steps necessary to ensure that the individual seeking access is in fact the individual the personal information is about.
Should you find the information held by GrainGrowers to be inaccurate or in need of updating, contact GrainGrowers so that appropriate action can be taken on your behalf. GrainGrowers will amend your personal information if it is inaccurate, incomplete or out of date.
If GrainGrowers does not agree that the information is inaccurate, incomplete or out of date, GrainGrowers will, if requested, make a reference to the member’s concern on the member’s database record.
If at any time a member wishes to resign from GrainGrowers and have their details removed from the database, it is a requirement of the GrainGrowers constitution that a written request be forwarded to GrainGrowers.
If a member dies, a copy of the death certificate or a letter with the approximate date of death will be placed on file to ensure the accuracy of GrainGrowers records.
How to contact Grain Growers Limited
Members can access to their information, request a change to their information, or request their information be removed by contacting GrainGrowers in one of the following ways:
1800 620 519 during office hours
To the attention of GrainGrowers Membership on (02) 9888 5821
Grain Growers Limited
PO Box 7
NORTH RYDE NSW 1670
What should I do if I wish to lodge a privacy complaint?
Or you may write directly to:
The Privacy Officer
Grain Growers Limited
PO Box 7
NORTH RYDE NSW 1670
In most situations your initial contact with GrainGrowers will be with the most appropriate person to discuss or resolve your complaint. If your complaint is not resolved, the matter will then be referred to the Privacy Officer, and if necessary then referred on to the Chief Executive Officer.
You will be informed of the outcome of your complaint and the reasons for the decision by telephone and then in writing. If you remain unsatisfied, the matter may then be referred to a mutually agreed mediator.
If by following the above steps, you remain dissatisfied with the outcome of your complaint you may wish to refer the complaint to the Office of the Federal Privacy Commissioner.
If you have any other queries about your privacy rights or the way in which GrainGrowers manages your personal information please contact GrainGrowers from Monday to Friday between 8.30am and 5.00pm on the Freecall Number 1800 620 519.
Reviewed 15 July 2011