Opportunities with GrainGrowers
Board Directors – Western Region
Grain Growers Limited (GrainGrowers) is an independent, technically resourced, grain grower representative organisation with 17,500 members across Australia.
The Board of GrainGrowers comprises six grower Directors, two elected from each of three regions throughout Australia, and two independent Directors.
In 2017, the Board is calling for nominations for two Western Region Directors (WA/SA).
To qualify a candidate must:
- Be a member of GrainGrowers
- Be resident, or in the business of grain production, in Western Australia and/or South Australia.
- Be passionately committed to the further development of the Australian grains industry.
Applicants will possess a solid understanding of governance, have enquiring and strategic minds, and will behave in a collegiate manner. A proven track record of success at board or committee level will be highly regarded. .
GrainGrowers’ goal is a more efficient, sustainable and profitable grain production sector that benefits all Australian grain farmers and the wider grains industry. The appointees will be highly motivated to contribute to the growth and development of this dynamic and contemporary member-based organisation.
Other desirable skillsets that will be considered include:
- Knowledge of international trade and market access
- Commercialization skills
- Success in improving Member engagement
- Audit and accounting skills.
Applications open on 1 June 2017 and close 30 June 2017.
Enquiries can be directed to René Johnson at Pacific Search Partners on (03) 9631 1500.